Monday, October 12, 2009

Farewell to summer

When Carolyn and I stepped outside this morning it became clear that summer is gone. There was a layer of snow on the deck just perfect for making footprints and all of our plants were brown and shriveled. Some people are pretty sad around town, but we are excited! Besides the challenge of finding a Halloween costume that sufficiently insulates a toddler, I like this weather. I can't wait to go home and rake our leaves into a big pile and play with my daughter.
As a tribute to this past summer, I wanted to share my favorite picture of the season. This is from camping at Turtle River State Park with Grammy and Grandad.



My sister's wedding is coming up soon, so Carolyn has a beautiful new "wedding dress", aka: flower girl dress, and you wouldn't believe how excited she is to wear it. We get it out of the closet daily. I am not as excited to wear mine. It fits perfectly except in one area (if you know me, you understand) and I'm feeling a little self-conscious. But I AM VERY EXCITED to wear the jewelry. My mother and I got to go design some custom jewelry at a local business and we had a blast. It is all going to turn out absolutely, fabulously cool.

We are still working on the bathroom and Bryan is gone for a week to do some pheasant hunting, so you can imagine how frustrated I'm getting. At least Carolyn loves taking baths at her grandparents' houses.

No comments: