Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

For those of you who haven't given up checking this blog, yes, we are still alive. We are in the middle of our first major home improvement project. Apparently Bryan doesn't want to take showers in the middle of our unfinished basement anymore... something about being too cold in the winter. But that also means that we no longer have a bathtub for Carolyn and I, either. Naturally it is taking a long time and going over budget; but for our first project, it is going fairly well.
We went on a boundary waters canoe trip with Bryan's sister and brother-in-law last weekend. I needed it. Even though it was hard work and I got pretty scratched up falling off some slippery rocks, I loved it. We were canoeing against the wind in some pretty rough waves on this big lake and I couldn't stop laughing - it was pure happiness for the first time in a long time. I'm a weirdo for finding the fun in that kind of stuff, I guess, but like I said, I needed it.
Carolyn stayed with Gramma-Lissa and Grandpa Roger for the weekend. The first day we were gone we acted normally, the second day we started talking about her all the time. We must have been missing her! When I picked her up on Monday morning, she was going double speed! Her talking and movement, etc. were so much faster than they were on Friday. She must have had a good time because she hasn't stopped talking, yet.
Well, I hope the pictures we took last weekend turn out so we can share some of the stuff we saw.

No comments: